• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Anyone up for a meet ? 17/18/3/12

cosmic dave

Is anyone up for a meeting at Gibraltar point this weekend ? 17/18 March think Sunday night looks best :rolleyes: (not up to late sunday tho) give me a chance to try the new scope out.

I would be up for it either Sat or Sun. Might be late arriving though as work is very busy. So you can count me in. :)

Sorry lads, agreed babysitting for my daughter in Bourne, overnight job!! Whichever night you go, enjoy and check out South of the centre?

I am planning to go between 6pm and 6.30pm so i can set up befroe it gets too dark.

I hope to be there for 6pm. Where are we setting up ? Don't want to be too near the building if the lights are going to be on.

I hope to be there for 6pm. Where are we setting up ? Don't want to be too near the building if the lights are going to be on.

Not sure Paul, i was planning to call Dave later to find out as he said we can set up around the side or back i think but will need to check?

Ron says south side so I guess that's other side of the building to where we set up last time. I hope to get there at 7 and if anyone can arrange fot hunstanton to turn their lights off that would be great, I'm looking forward to getting the new scope out.

Ron says south side so I guess that's other side of the building to where we set up last time. I hope to get there at 7 and if anyone can arrange fot hunstanton to turn their lights off that would be great, I'm looking forward to getting the new scope out.

Tall order to get them to turn the lights off but see what we can do. :D

Looking forward to seeing your new scope Dave. :o

There is another carpark around the other side so will drive around there and look for somewhere suitable to set up.

Sorry I cannot make it tonight, just home from babysitting!! Hope for clear skies and I will need a report for the Nature Centre notice board if possible?

Enjoy tonight!!

Ron

I will text u some info when I get home if I get time Ron.

And i will post something on this thread but cannot promise it will be today as i hope to be busy observing tonight. ;)

Thats fine, ta. Mark are you going to Paul's place next Saturday? I know Dave is.

RS: can u tell Paul (tbird) if u see him that I have PM'd him about next Sat night please?

Edited by Ron Clarke

Told Paul i`m gonna try to make it. Would love to go and really hope i can. Will let him know about pm Ron. Shame you are unable to join us, Clear skies.

Guest @ndyC

I was hoping to come up to one of your meets,but cant get up there tonight.I'll keep a look out on the forum for one I will be able to get to.

Looks like a cold clear one tonight so I'll be out for a bit on the other side of the wash in Boston.

hope you have a good one.

Thats fine, ta. Mark are you going to Paul's place next Saturday? I know Dave is.

RS: can u tell Paul (tbird) if u see him that I have PM'd him about next Sat night please?

PM replied to, Ron. :)