• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Uranus - Easy in bins tonight 9pm

Brantuk

Just stepped outside with the bins and had a good look at Uranus - easy to find cos of proximity to the moon. It's tiny but distinctly blue/green disc - so far away it could almost be mistaken for a star - but very distinct. Here's a guide from AN online:

http://astronomynow.com/2015/11/22/find-planet-uranus-close-to-the-moon-on-the-night-of-22november/

Hi I went outside and looked at the moon then, with the moon at the bottom of my bins I could see Uranus. Sadly, for me, the glow from the moon rather spoilt the view. My bins were Nikon Action 12x50 and Delta Extreme 15x70. But I'm glad I he'd the chance to see Uranus.

Just been look in at that too Kim through the bins. Reason I'm is ring bins as scope is currently demounted whilst I sort out the new permanent pier and would t you know it, as soon as my setup is all taken apart, the Stars one out-typical!

It's a little elongated from the moon now but still clearly visible and the moon is less obstructive - I just took Di outside for a look with the Canon IS bins. I know it's not often seen and it's the first time we've ever seen it. So I'm glad to have bagged it at last - and given any one else who hasn't seen it chance to as well.  :)