• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SGL 11

Stephen

Hi Folks We have had to cancel our trip to Indonesia to see the Total Eclipse for health reasons, I have booked in the site at Lucksall as private person and will join SGL as a visitor has any one got any space on there pitch where I can put my telescope

Many thanks Stephen

7 hours ago, Stephen said:

Hi Folks We have had to cancel our trip to Indonesia to see the Total Eclipse for health reasons, I have booked in the site at Lucksall as private person and will join SGL as a visitor has any one got any space on there pitch where I can put my telescope

Many thanks Stephen

Eah up Stephen, sorry to hear about your cancellation, hope you or your wife are OK.

I should have some spare space as I will be either taking the van which is a smallish one or if the weather is decent I will be bringing the tent, so there should be plenty of room on my pitch.

Hi Darren many thanks for letting me join you with my scope

Kind Regards Stephen

20 hours ago, Stephen said:

Many thanks Stephen

Hi Stephen, I do hope your health issues get quickly resolved for the better!

You must both be disappointed about cancelling your Indonesia trip, that would have been a real adventure!

Have you ever witnessed a total eclipse?

Cheers!

Hope you start recovering as soon as possible Stephen. Unfortunately I'm not going to SGL, if I was you could join me.

Look after yourself matey.

1 hour ago, Smithysteve said:

Hi Stephen, I do hope your health issues get quickly resolved for the better!

You must both be disappointed about cancelling your Indonesia trip, that would have been a real adventure!

Have you ever witnessed a total eclipse?

Cheers!

Hi Stephen Yes we have seen two total eclipse one in France and the other in Uganda

Regards Stephen

• 3 months later...

I think we will taking our snow cloths with us the way the weather has gone over the last few days , To day we have had snow hail and rain all at the same time, Still looking for ward to it  bring on the sun shine

I hops so, due to the campsites lack of common sense, I can no longer bring the van, meaning I am now in a tent as they have moved me to a grass pitch!

1 hour ago, Daz Type-R said:

I hops so, due to the campsites lack of common sense, I can no longer bring the van, meaning I am now in a tent as they have moved me to a grass pitch!

and that would be my fault :(  cos I have heavy van and was moved to yours 

1 hour ago, Daz Type-R said:

Just check as I think you were still down a sa van

I will go have a look

yes still down as a caravan Daz

I would PM grant at SGL to ask

Edited by Ibbo

Steve - already spoke to Grant - I`m a tent on a grass pitch for the reason Sheila said above, the positions are correct im just not in a van, as van's are not allowed on grass at all.

Grant said as long as I know to bring the tent he was leaving the layout as it was.

The trailer is all but packed - there is an oil filled radiator in there, that will be on come bedtime !!!!

Edited by Daz Type-R