• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Annual Christmas Quiz! Weds 16th Dec

The next meeting is next Wednesday the 16th December at 6:30pm. It will be our World famous (well maybe not quite) annual Christmas quiz. The quiz is base loosely around the theme of British space exploration. The prize this year is "Patrick Moore's Yearbook of Astronomy 2016" which is well worth winning as it should be a very good read if previous years are anything to go by.

Refreshments will be available as always from 6:15pm and you can expect festive treats most likely mince pies. Afterwards if it is clear there will b opportunity for some observing and it is my plan to attempt Uranus as a target.

All welcome as always, members free and non members for a suggested donation of £2 towards costs.

Thanks to all those who turned up last night, I had a great time doing this. Congratulations to Steve Ibbotson on winning the prize which I can assure you was not a fix. Turns out it was very close with only 4 points separating the entire group bar Steve. Next meetings:

Jan 20th "Stargazing Live Showcase" many things to see and do including Paul Money talk in the main hall around 7pm. Starts 6pm until 9pm.

Jan 21st Long Eaton Astronomical Society - Simon Goodwin and Astro-Biologist from Sheffield University talking about the search for life beyond Earth.

• Like 1