• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

HEQ5 pro mount and WO GT81

If i buy these plus some sundries such as side saddle plate, dew shield unit,  can anyone tell me roughly the container sizes?  I might get them delivered at another address and wortied about size, and to a lesser extent,  weight.  I would get them from FLO. I can ask FLO, but if anyone recently  got these, they might  be able to  say.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Orion

• Bino-viewer

• Brantuk

• Graham

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know the precise package dimensions Derek - but I've seen these in their boxes and both would go in the boot of your car together with no problem. Even if there was a problem you'd only need t

Normal size of the HEQ 5 box is approximately 520mm x 520mm x 250mm and weighs in at around 15 Kilos

Have you settled on the WO GT81 Derek ?   Also check out the Skywatcher Esprit Pro ED 80 triplet Apo   http://www.firstlightoptics.com/esprit-professional-refractors/skywatcher-esp

I don't know the precise package dimensions Derek - but I've seen these in their boxes and both would go in the boot of your car together with no problem. Even if there was a problem you'd only need to remove the outer "shipping boxes" and carry them in the "product boxes" - which will also fit in the boot being a fair bit smaller. :)

Edited by Brantuk

Have you settled on the WO GT81 Derek ?

Also check out the Skywatcher Esprit Pro ED 80 triplet Apo

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/esprit-professional-refractors/skywatcher-esprit-ed-80-pro-triplet.html

Similar cost, but with the Skywatcher a nice case, diagonal and finder are also included.

Field flattener available too.

I'm quite keen on this scope myself. 

I'm looking for something like this as a dedicated imaging scope with travel in mind.

• 9 months later...

Rob. Yes, I have settled on the GT81. I hadn't seen your reply soon after I posted. I left Loughborough to the north east because my Dad was seriously unwell.  I stayed up north for months. Sadly, my Dad passed away in March, which devastated me. I had shelved buying the equipment temporarilly.  Im now currently getting bits of equipment for an imaging setup with a GT81. But Ive came across that Ostara ED 102 mm, which I was looking at as a visual scope. I don't know if a GT81  and an Ostara 102mm is overkill or not.