• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Numax Accubox

Nelson

I will order one of those suggested by Pete. Here is a picture of the tip that is on the end of the charger that came with the laptop. The charger has a three pin wall plug on one end and the other (yellow tip) fits into the laptop, and works ok. I have tried to post a pic, taken with my Apple iPad, the one on the right is the one that came with the laptop, the one on the left I got from power4laptops and is specifically for Toughbook cf-19 but did not fit so I returned it. As you can see the left hand one is bigger on the first bit of plastic, due to it being larger it did not fit into the plug so did not make a connection.

image.jpeg

16 hours ago, Nelson said:

I will order one of those suggested by Pete. Here is a picture of the tip that is on the end of the charger that came with the laptop. The charger has a three pin wall plug on one end and the other (yellow tip) fits into the laptop, and works ok. I have tried to post a pic, taken with my Apple iPad, the one on the right is the one that came with the laptop, the one on the left I got from power4laptops and is specifically for Toughbook cf-19 but did not fit so I returned it. As you can see the left hand one is bigger on the first bit of plastic, due to it being larger it did not fit into the plug so did not make a connection.

image.jpeg

For your information there are 8 versions of the same Laptop and they seem to be split into 2 as far as accessories go (e.g. power adapters etc) so I would say it wasn't "modified" but that you were sent a model that fitted the other set. Still as Pete says hope it for you

Hello all, I'm still trying to sort things out with the laptop power connection but in the mean time I now have yet another problem. I bought a four way cigarette connector the same as the one Clive suggested, well today I decided to hook all that I have together ready for a nights viewing. I plugged in the four way into the Numax box, and connected my mount in one of the ports but there was no power, I thought the fuse must have gone I then plugged the four way into my skywatcher power pack and everything came on as it should. I noticed that the cigarette connector on the four way is shorter than the one on the original mount power connector. Can I put a new,longer cigarette connector on the four way same as my mount one? I have posted a pic, the one on the right is the original connector and works both in the skywatcher power pack and the Numax but the on on the left, which is the four way connector only works on the skywatcher, could the Numax be a bit deeper so a longer connector is needed? I know I must be grating on people and must come accross as dim but please help.

image.jpeg

Simple answer is yes - think you deserve a bit of luck Melvin - just checked mine - guess what its a straight plug not angled so would have worked for you - You are having a Swan and Flanders http://www.iankitching.me.uk/humour/hippo/gas.html - but cheer up nearly there :)  Bring back the british empire when we had standards (BF,BSW etc) and "most" things fitted cos they were standard.:P

Thanks Clive I must say that poem seems to sum me up to a tee. I'm going to

Maplins tomorrow to get a new cigarette connector, I hope it works so I can move to the next problem.

Hi I changed the cigarette lighter connector, had it tested with an electrical meter but then found the problem was the cigarette connector on the Numax box so now that needs changing. I went into Maplins in Leicester to buy the cigarette connector, the one I changed on the four way, and whilst I was there the discussion moved on to powering the laptop and the trouble I'm having getting the correct fitting so we then looked at Inverters, that seems to be the way for me to go. The problem is that the Sinewave inverter I looked at takes 12v moves it up to 240 then back down to 12 , it seems a very inefficient way to do it. I'll discuss this his more with someone in the shop (Maplins) before I go any further. Just to keep you uptodate with my problems in my quest to look upwards.