• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Bino-viewer

Lunar 20.12.15 - 68% Sunlit

Big Al

Lovely pic. And so close to catching the jewelled handle on Sinus Iridium. I've only seen that once, more by luck than judgement.

Alan

Bino-viewer

Thankyou all :blush2:

I don't consider myself a 'proper' imager as such, but i do enjoy having a play.....

From home my light pollution is so dire, i'm restricted to only Lunar, Solar and planets.

I have a close up shot as well from lasts nights Lunar session where i went a bit daft and used a 4x Powermate AND a 2x Powermate together.

Not so easy with an unpowered alt-az mount, the moon looked very dim.

But with this camera (Sony A7s) i'm using, not a problem.

It will happily work at 51200 iso, and the focus peaking on the camera makes focusing a doddle.

I will post it once i've processed it a touch.

AstroHobbyman

Lovely sharp shot Rob now add the names like I did :lol: http://www.astrobin.com/full/177046/0/

I wanted to do my first moon mosaic tonight but I had to start quite late and it turned hazy, maybe will do it Wednesday, have you tryed one?

Expect your next image to look like this 175mm apo effort :thumbsup:  http://www.astrobin.com/full/72774/B/  ..on second thoughts your better than that! 

Edited by AstroHobbyman