• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Xmas eve full moon

Celeste

5 hours ago, AstroHobbyman said:

Well done

Very nice saturation of  colour you have there Celeste, bit like this off the interweb http://www.astrobin.com/full/99485/C/

Ooooh now that one knocks the socks off mine haha, I do need to get focus more perfect, and stack more images, out of all those I took only about 25 were actually used (I was VERY picky which ones went in) I also do not have video option on my 1000D so I had to take my subs and join them into an AVI file in PIPP to use in Registax, and as I said I only used 25, they used 12000 frames. I need to work on noise reduction too without blurring the image.

I must work harder.... :lol: Buy a better DSLR too :) 

34 minutes ago, Celeste said:

Ooooh now that one knocks the socks off mine haha, I do need to get focus more perfect, and stack more images, out of all those I took only about 25 were actually used (I was VERY picky which ones went in) I also do not have video option on my 1000D so I had to take my subs and join them into an AVI file in PIPP to use in Registax, and as I said I only used 25, they used 12000 frames. I need to work on noise reduction too without blurring the image.

I must work harder.... :lol: Buy a better DSLR too :) 

I'm just using a hand held phone :lol: so keep your 1000D for now and squesh what you can get out of it , that for me is a lot of the fun of this hobby . here is your camera on the moon using newton reflectors up to 10 inch http://www.astrobin.com/search/?q=Canon%201000D&search_type=0&license=0&license=1&license=2&license=3&license=4&license=5&license=6&telescope_type=any&telescope_type=0&telescope_type=1&telescope_type=2&telescope_type=3&telescope_type=4&telescope_type=5&telescope_type=6&telescope_type=7&telescope_type=8&telescope_type=9&telescope_type=10&telescope_type=11&telescope_type=12&telescope_type=13&telescope_type=14&telescope_type=15&telescope_type=16&telescope_type=17&telescope_type=18&telescope_type=19&telescope_type=20&telescope_type=21&telescope_type=22&camera_type=any&camera_type=0&camera_type=1&camera_type=2&camera_type=3&camera_type=4&camera_type=5#

5 hours ago, AstroHobbyman said:

Sorry I see I'm comparing apples to oranges whilst trying to inpire! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:...anyway nice pic.

Haha no worries, I need inspiration to keep trying with the DSLR anyway, I prefer my CCD. Only reason I bough the DSLR was for large targets so, might not keep it.

On 12/26/2015 at 16:40, AstroHobbyman said:

me too take this Guy with a 8 inch telescope, cannon dslr and bags and bags of talent totally mental :blink: http://www.astrobin.com/users/gianluc1/

Oh my, I uploaded 2 moon pics to Astrobin site (i'm new on there only just signed up)...and the guy you linked me to in your post has FOLLOWED me haha.....nice one :) 

• Like 2

Good luck with that , he must be looking for ideas!  Its going to cost money soon but to me its like the centre of the universe for Astro pics :thumbsup: 

You could sell the DSLR to me! I am just at the cell phone stage but seriously why not keep both as really cool stuff gets done on CCD and DSLR.