• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi from Nottingham!

Guest DanM

Hi Everyone,

I live in North Nottingham and have a 150PL on an EQ5. Really pleased to have stumbled across this site as I know literally no astro fans in my local area! I'm hoping to sign up and head over to your Belper site very soon too as it's only 30 mins from my house.

Cheers,

Dan

Welcome aboard Dan. You'll find there are plenty of us from the Notts area. Very friendly place to be. I'm often at the Belper site, when weather and life allow, so maybe see you up there sometime. 

Enjoy the forum. 

Edited by tuckstar

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Ive just paid for the dark sky site access. Do i need to notify someone when im planning to go? Thanks. 

Hi Dan and welcome to EMS :)

You don't need to notify anyone at all mate - just keep your eye on Announcements cos sometimes the dark site is unavailable for various reasons (eg cricket matches, site improvements etc). Same applies to Wymewold too. But otherwise you just turn up when anyone calls a meeting - and like all members you can even call a meeting yourself.

Meantime enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Dan, a warm welcome to EMS. There's a good few of us round here, I am down the road at Watnall.

If you have any questions or need help, just shout up someone will help you out.

All being well I'll see you at Belper sometime. :)