• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

EMS do Stargazing Live 2016

Date: 20th Jan.

Time: 6pm - 9pm.

All welcome to come along and have an evening with EMS and the School.

12471431_10153785833163917_3173617790941

Edited by Daz Type-R
Removed pin and feature options now event has passed.
  • Like 3
  • Perkil8r featured this topic
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• Celeste

• tuckstar

• Johnnyaardvark

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to say a huge thanks to all involved from here and elsewhere too. Without such help these events don't work half as well. Big thanks to to Steve Athey and Bagman who did a great job indoors. Insi

Date: 20th Jan. Location: The Long Eaton School. Time: 6pm - 9pm.   All welcome to come along and have an evening with EMS and the School.

The following members will be there: Baz Dave JW Rusty Strings Doc The Bagman Daz Type-R T A Wow   There is room for more if you wanted to join in! I asked those who usually

• 2 weeks later...

The following members will be there:

Baz
Dave JW
Rusty Strings
Doc
The Bagman
Daz Type-R
T A Wow

There is room for more if you wanted to join in! I asked those who usually do this as in past years it has got to be rather messy trying to keep up with all the members wanting to then having to back out then back in and so on. Tuckstar will be there with the IDAS contingent too.

In addition to the attractions listed above is also Derby and District Astro Soc who are also bringing along a selection of meteorites. I've been sorting the floor plan yesterday, there is plenty of room for everything but not much spare!

Well you out did yourself this year Mike, brilliant effort. We didn't really get a minute, at one point the queues were ten + deep. I had a brief wander round and it certainly fired up the public, they were all very impressed and happy. 

Apparently the views through the scopes outside was clearer than the obsy scope. Cough. :P

It was nice to meet the folks from other societies as well especially the Derby society,  I haven't met any of those guys other than Rob. Good to see the Ilkeston lads again as well.

• Like 1

It was a fantastic event, well done Mike, the hard work paid off.

Like mentioned above, we had queues for the scopes setup outside, I was wowing the crowds with the Televue 8mm Ethos and the variable moon filter on the moon, giving 150x magnification, it almost felt like you could touch it.

Another fantastic event.

Just to say a huge thanks to all involved from here and elsewhere too. Without such help these events don't work half as well. Big thanks to to Steve Athey and Bagman who did a great job indoors. Inside was just as busy as outside. It's certainly clear that it worked a lot better this year than last. So from myself and on behalf of the school huge thanks to all!

P.s. January 18th 2017......... and yes, I HAVE started planning it! Not quite sure how to make it bigger, but better can still be achieved and more punters!

It was a good night, and we'll attended. Managed to persuade at least one new member to the forum and hopefully a couple for IDAS as well. Mike, thanks for inviting us along.

It was nice to see and meet some people from the other local societies. Big and better next year then!