Welcome to East Midlands Stargazers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, communicate with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you've signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Perkil8r

EMS do Stargazing Live 2016

17 posts in this topic

Can I take a copy of the pic and share it to my FB?

Who is going to represent us at this event? Have I missed a thread on it?

The following members will be there:

Baz
Dave JW
Rusty Strings
Doc
The Bagman
Daz Type-R
T A Wow

There is room for more if you wanted to join in! I asked those who usually do this as in past years it has got to be rather messy trying to keep up with all the members wanting to then having to back out then back in and so on. Tuckstar will be there with the IDAS contingent too.

In addition to the attractions listed above is also Derby and District Astro Soc who are also bringing along a selection of meteorites. I've been sorting the floor plan yesterday, there is plenty of room for everything but not much spare!

Celeste likes this

Hi Mike. I helped out last year and will most likely be along again.

Not looked at the weather yet.

Well you out did yourself this year Mike, brilliant effort. We didn't really get a minute, at one point the queues were ten + deep. I had a brief wander round and it certainly fired up the public, they were all very impressed and happy. 

Apparently the views through the scopes outside was clearer than the obsy scope. Cough. :P

It was nice to meet the folks from other societies as well especially the Derby society,  I haven't met any of those guys other than Rob. Good to see the Ilkeston lads again as well.

Johnnyaardvark likes this

The best one yet Mike.

Had a great time listening to all the young ones get excited over the moon.

Awesome time :thumbsup:

I would've like to attend this one and sorry to have missed it - had a bit of a rough day today and didn't go outside at all. Glad it went well for you Mike :)

It was a fantastic event, well done Mike, the hard work paid off.

Like mentioned above, we had queues for the scopes setup outside, I was wowing the crowds with the Televue 8mm Ethos and the variable moon filter on the moon, giving 150x magnification, it almost felt like you could touch it.

Another fantastic event.

Just to say a huge thanks to all involved from here and elsewhere too. Without such help these events don't work half as well. Big thanks to to Steve Athey and Bagman who did a great job indoors. Inside was just as busy as outside. It's certainly clear that it worked a lot better this year than last. So from myself and on behalf of the school huge thanks to all!

P.s. January 18th 2017......... and yes, I HAVE started planning it! Not quite sure how to make it bigger, but better can still be achieved and more punters!

Johnnyaardvark, philjay, Daz Type-R and 1 other like this

I'll echo everyone else's comments, I had a great time. 

Cheers Mike

Great night. Thanks to Mike and everyone else involved.

The kids were loving it & even some of the parents were getting excited at the various views of the moon that we were able to give them. a great event, well done Mike!

It was a good night, and we'll attended. Managed to persuade at least one new member to the forum and hopefully a couple for IDAS as well. Mike, thanks for inviting us along.

It was nice to see and meet some people from the other local societies. Big and better next year then!