• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Short downtime expected soon.

Daz Type-R

All,

EMS will be down shortly so an important security update can be applied.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

thought it already had been down??

So it will be again shortly?  Assume everything is sorted for the update then?

Sheila

OK, well that was done quicker than expected.

Steve, not sure about response times, the forum is OK for me apart from the latest PoTM thread which is slow initially, probably due to the high number of thread links in the post, as each one will need to load.

it was not just POTM htread

it has speeded up from molasses and is much better to slighty sticky mud

and I have fushed my cache

Yes - I've been experiencing slower refresh times too - it's not as quick and snappy as the old software - but even that was beginning to get tardy too. It used to be as quick as SGL but those days were long ago.... :)

Seems good to me Darren.

Given things a good test at my end.

I've not having the issues that Steve and Kim are experiencing.

Everything is loading fine, and its quite speedy too.

I don't have ultra fast broadband either, just an old ADSL connection, but thats good and usually runs at 10 Mb/s or so.

(using 2010 Apple iMac, OSX 10.11 El Capitan, Safari v9.0.2)

2 hours ago, Brantuk said:

Yes - I've been experiencing slower refresh times too - it's not as quick and snappy as the old software - but even that was beginning to get tardy too. It used to be as quick as SGL but those days were long ago.... :)

5 hours ago, Ibbo said:

not sure if its related but I'm finding the forum slow to respond

I checked the web server and one of the services wasn't responding. I won't go into the technicalities, but the service yields a considerable performance increase when it's working. I've fixed the issue and restarted the service. Have a browse now and see how it feels. It feels faster to me.

thanks thats better :)

maybe it loads a little slower now because we can't switch off the images

Edited by Ibbo

Yes it's definitely quicker - not quite as quick as I've come to expect from computers and internet pages- nothing less than instant satisfies me cos these things are supposed to run millions of times faster than human response times - but it is nonetheless faster than it was. :)

(If it was the same response from my car steering wheel I think I'd be as disappointed as the people I'd run over and crashed into lol)