• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Laugh of the day

Big Al

There must be some red faces at MIRA Public Observatory right now. How did they get involved with that?

Good job the constellation is getting brighter, one of its main stars is magnitude 5.6 :lol:

At least we can see one or possibly two of the stars from the UK, must get the dob on it.

Read the posts at the bottom - some of the astrologically minded fans think this is brilliant.

I'll bet Mr Bowie is going "Really, that's the best you can do"?  

I feel sorry for the people who might have been motivated to look for it and won't have the foggiest chance of seeing anything.

I suppose they they are somewhere near correct in that the asterism is close-ish to mars at the moment, but give it a few months and that will be a different story.

14 hours ago, Brantuk said:

Hmmmm... they wouldn't know an asterism if it bit them in the bum :laugh2:

That was what I pointed out (politely) in my comment...

Alan

Do you think we could find an airplane asterism for Leslie Nielsen. It seems he's died, again.

Edited by tuckstar
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, tuckstar said:

Do you think we could find an airplane asterism for Leslie Nielsen. It seems he's died, again.

There is an Airplane asterism in Cassiopeia near M52, but to me it looks as much like an airplane as Ziggy Stardust :lol:

1 hour ago, BAZ said:

The airplane asterism is the bomber for Lemmy.

That's more fitting, and easier to find than the ridiculous lightning streak constellation :lol:

Well I am speechless about this whole debacle. (Well almost☺️).

I did try and identify the 'ziggy' asterism from star charts and it is totally unidentifiable against he background.. So it is meaningless... And ridiculous!

you can 'dot to dot' anything you like... Unreal ?

I said I was almost speechless ?