• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello

markyap73

Hi all,

Mrs got me a Skywatcher BK1309 for Chrmbo, and finally after some clear skies......WOW.

We went to Long Eaton school Stargazing last night, fantastic, and some nice chap pointed me in this direction.... so I thought I'll introduce myself. I'm Mark, live in Stapleford (Nottingham)....new to all this and loving it!!! Had fantastic view of Jupiter last night (about midnight)....even got the wife up to show her :).

Hope to pick all your brains soon with n00b questions.

Mark ;)

• Like 1

Hi Mark, welcome to EMS.

It was a fantastic night last night, glad you enjoyed it and found your way over here.

Any question, just fire away in the relevant section and somebody will be along to answer them.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Mark, a warm welcome to EMS.

It was a good night wasn't it and yours seemed to have continued. How was the Mrs when you dragged her outside?

Make yourself at home and you are welcome to come along to any meets. If we get out to one of the dark sites you are welcome to come along and bring your scope, keep an eye open on the info and announcements section.

Enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Mark welcome to the forum, you sound very enthusiastic! I would not dream of dragging my better half out of bed to peer through my scope, even if I noticed an incoming asteroid! ?

Cheers!

16 hours ago, BAZ said:

Hi Mark, a warm welcome to EMS.

It was a good night wasn't it and yours seemed to have continued. How was the Mrs when you dragged her outside?

Make yourself at home and you are welcome to come along to any meets. If we get out to one of the dark sites you are welcome to come along and bring your scope, keep an eye open on the info and announcements section.

Enjoy the forum. :)

It was a brilliant night. The wife lasted about...ohhhh.... 2 minutes before running back upstairs into a warm bed lol.

Thanks for the invite, I'll be keeping an eye open.

Glad you found us Mark, I think it was myself you were talking to inside the hall. With my Ilkeston astro society buddies.

Glad your enjoying your scope, enjoy the forum.

It was..... thanks for the info.

Love your scope and the mods made to it. One way to use a PC fan. ;)

Welcome aboard! I'm pleased you had a good time on Weds and found your way here, that was a big part of the whole aim of the night!