• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New Eyepiece

ricktom

Hi everyone

finally decided which new eyepiece to go for, I got the Baader Hyperion 68 Degree Eyepiece 13mm from FLO, tried it for the first time Friday night, wow, amazing the difference it makes, can't wait to see the planets with it (sky watcher 120mm refractor) and I finally got the council to dim the street light and fit a shield to the new LED light that shines in my garden, huge difference compared to how it was, two good things in one week is more than I can stand!

Regards

Rick

Nice eyepieces Rick.

The Baader Hyperion range were my first real eyepieces as well. I collected the whole range eventually and I liked each one except the 24mm one, I couldn't get on with that one.

I still have the 8mm, 17mm, and Zoom in the Baader range - it's only the 17mm I don't get on with but love the other two - the 8mm is especially good for planets. Overall they're a great range of eyepieces that can be used in most scopes so.... congrats! Nice purchase. :)

+1, great eyepiece and very good value for money. I had the 8mm and it was my goto eyepiece for the planets and the moon. I now have the zoom, which isn't as good as the prime focus ones, but for me it's a bit more flexible and with my duff eyes I can't really tell the difference now.