• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bargain only 1 left

Tweedledee

How much....? :o

Makes the Docter UWA seem quite reasonable.

Can't see how it can be 3 times the cost of a Tv Ethos 13, or the Docs.

Is it 3 times better ? I don't buy it.

I myself haven't ruled out a pair of 12.5 Docs as a replacement high power pair.

Bit too pricey though at circa €750. 

Agian i have to ask myself "are they that much better than my 13 Naglers" ?

Even though they are not my favourites, the 13N's perform well, and more often than not are only affected by our dodgy seeing.

They max out at 185x in my refractor, 209x in my Dob. More than enough for most nights.

For the first time since i've been doing visual astronomy, i think i'm very close to totally having what i need and want as far as eyepieces are concerned.

My 31N mono, and 24 & 19 Pan pairs are all life keepers. 

Its just the high power 13s that i occasionally want to swap. But then there's plenty of other things i want as well that are more important.....:chin_scratch2:

11 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

How much....? :o

Makes the Docter UWA seem quite reasonable.

Can't see how it can be 3 times the cost of a Tv Ethos 13, or the Docs.

Is it 3 times better ? I don't buy it.

I myself haven't ruled out a pair of 12.5 Docs as a replacement high power pair.

Bit too pricey though at circa €750. 

Agian i have to ask myself "are they that much better than my 13 Naglers" ?

Even though they are not my favourites, the 13N's perform well, and more often than not are only affected by our dodgy seeing.

They max out at 185x in my refractor, 209x in my Dob. More than enough for most nights.

For the first time since i've been doing visual astronomy, i think i'm very close to totally having what i need and want as far as eyepieces are concerned.

My 31N mono, and 24 & 19 Pan pairs are all life keepers. 

Its just the high power 13s that i occasionally want to swap. But then there's plenty of other things i want as well that are more important.....:chin_scratch2:

A pair of those Nikons in your binoviewer would look smart though. :2thumbsup:

At a bargain £2800 a pair it is a pity there's only one left :o :D

It is nice to feel content with your kit, but it is also nice to drool over these things :)

Edited by Tweedledee