• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ilkeston Astrophotography

Guest DazHolmes

Guest DazHolmes

Hi, would just like to share some of the first shots i took in ilkeston i'm amateur at this so you might see some light polution etc

in this picture you see some red dots which was a plane but below that you will see  a metorite that's heading towards what i think is a galaxy or a star cluster not sure yet.

r2rhk6w.png

This is a shot of the pleiades - 7 sisters

RMYGJLq.png

lEgkDuO.jpg

Hi Daz, some nice photos. What kit are you using?

Firstly?, welcome to the east Midlands stargazers forum. Say hi in the welcome thread and the guys and girls will say hi.

Secondly, you have found the thread for ilkeston and district astro society. We're a small friendly group who meet twice a month. We have a formal meeting which is at the moment held on the second Thursday of the month, 7pm - 9pm, in the community room at Ilkeston fire station. We would normally have a talk for these meetings. Next meet will be March due to a society visit in Feb. We also meet on the last Wednesday of the month (tonight) for an informal meet, chat, photos, kit, that sort of thing, at Shipley park visitor from 7:45 till we leave.

Your welcome to come along and say hi.

Edited by tuckstar

Guest DazHolmes

Hi, I'm using canon eos 600d with 33-80mm and 50mm lens i also use refractor Telescope with x2 Barlow 

I meant reflector also it had a motor tracker on it

I'm just a visual monkey myself but we have many members who do astrophotography if you need any help or guidance.