• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello everone

pinklerose

Bit late but better late than never I want to say hi to the whole EMS community.

About 5 years ago I've moved to Nottingham from Poland and during that time (and before as well) I couldn't stop staring at night sky. Finally I've decided to buy some equipment and start to watch the sky more seriously.

For now I have only 10x50 binocular and a very minimal knowledge.

I was chuffed to bits when I've found this website. I think I'm gonna be able to learn a lot from you guys and spend a really good time on meetings together with other members.

In future I would like to do some astrophotography. Unfortunatelly I can't afford equipment for that now so I think I will stick with Skywatcher 200p for a start. I've heard this scope is recommended by many people as a first scope and very good to learn the sky.

Hi Michal welcome to EMS.

You cannot beat the Skywatcher 200P as a beginner scope, I'm sure you will get many fantastic views through it. 

Also 10x50 bins are fantastic for a quick scan of the sky between the awful clouds we seem to be getting a lot off recently. It's surprising what can be seen through bins from a dark site.

Welcome to EMS Michal :)

You have already made a great start into astronomy with 10x50s and a 200p :2thumbsup:

Hi and welcome to EMS.

I`m glad you could make it to the 1st meet last Saturday night, hope you enjoyed it?

Good choice of first starter scope, cheap (ish) and will last you for ages.

Check out the links in my signature, the 200P out of the box is a bit clunky but useable, with a few cheap mods here and there, it becomes loads better to use, once you have the scope and got to grips with it, bring it round mine and we will strip it down, mod it and make it better than new.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the forum.

:)

Hi Michal, welcome to EMS ?

You are off to a good start. Let us know how you are getting on...

cheers!

Hi Michal, a warm welcome to EMS.

I am glad you enjoyed it last Saturday.

You will love the 200P, it's not just a beginners scope it's just a good scope all round. As Daz says, a few mods will make it more comfortable to use. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away, you'll get help.

Enjoy the forum. :)

Welcome along Michael, was great to meet you on Saturday and help you find Andromeda! 

Big thanks for that. It was hiding for too long when I was trying to find it. :D

Edited by pinklerose

Witaj Michal, zapraszamy do domu wariatow.

(Hope thats worked ; blame Google translator if it hasn't :lol:)

10 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Witaj Michal, zapraszamy do domu wariatow.

(Hope thats worked ; blame Google translator if it hasn't :lol:)

Dom wariatów = mental institution if it is that what you mean, yes thats worked. :D