• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rain rain go away....

Doc

Another night polishing my kit. I've now worn a hole through the tube :(

Can't stand this weather anymore.

It's enough to turn you to drink.

Guest Kheldar

Another night polishing my kit. I've now worn a hole through the tube :(

Can't stand this weather anymore.

It's enough to turn you to drink.

I don't need that much of an excuse to drink :wacko:

Looks like we are in for more rough weather next week, but hopefully two weeks of perfect skies over Christmas!

Now that would be nice!

It's slung it down almost all day here :( Weather report says bad weather until at least Thursday....I am going to google around for help sorting my mount motor. Should keep me occupied for a bit lol stand by for the SOS HELP ME message! haha

It's slung it down almost all day here :( Weather report says bad weather until at least Thursday....I am going to google around for help sorting my mount motor. Should keep me occupied for a bit lol stand by for the SOS HELP ME message! haha

Ask for help here, someone might know, put it in the Mount section in Equipment.

Just seen the weather report for the next week, not looking good. Hope the report of good weather over Christmas is correct, not been out in a while.

Yup, batten down for tonight, the storm warning keeps going off on the weather station, which means the air pressure has dropped over five millibars in the last hour. This is quite a drop over such a short period of time, and last time produced a gust in the garden of 61 mph.

Yup, same here, only good side to it is, I have plenty of time to flock my scope with some material Martyn (Baz senior) has just given me tonight - cheers mate and cheers for the massive battery!!!!!

Clouded out here tonight, there's not a star in sight.

A night in watching the Strictly come dancing final with a few cans of Guiness.

Clouded out here tonight, there's not a star in sight.

A night in watching the Strictly come dancing final with a few cans of Guiness.

You have a vote from me for the Guiness, can't say I agree with Strictly........one minute I have cloud, the next I don't, think I might just pop out back and use my eyes tonight, still trying to learn where everything is.

Had a good couple of hours out with the 200p. The seeing over Belper was surprisingly good. Well defined pleiades stars and ursa minor easy to see. Definately brass monkey weather though.