• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Can anyone fix a HEQ5 pro mount?

Celeste

The first decent night for ages I got all set up, went to start aligment when my mount made a god awful clicking grating noise. The RA axis won't budge, the gear has set solid. My ASD son dropped the head a few days ago so I know something has gone wrong inside. It's all way above me, I will break something else if I try to take it apart :( Can anyone here fix it for me please?? I was in tears. Nooooooooooooo.

Graham to the rescue again! I really don't know what we would do without graham. I have been pestering him now about what seems to be a list of problems that keep emerging with my setup for quite a few months! He's solved every problem, every time! He's a legend [emoji4]

• 2 months later...

Hi Vicky.

Sorry I seem to have had a senior moment in there and called you Cass :blush::blush:

Another one lives to fight another day. ;) :)

Edited by Graham

YAY thanks so much Graham.....BTW it's Nicky...not Vicky hahaha but you can get away with it. No flies on you huh! Did you take any pics of the damage inside? I'm curious to know what it looked like.

Heck I will get your name right eventually. 

No damage as such. 

When it got dropped it jammed the worm and pinion gear. 

Just needed resetting. 

• 6 months later...

That was excellent to hear Graham was to the rescue.  I've just bought an HEQ5 PRO and I will be looking to setting it up.