• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Another good evening

Stephen

Had good 2 hours last night be for cloud came over I spent most of my time looking at Orion, I was seeing a good 3d effects in the center of Orion it was like looking in to a hole  I could see a lot of dark lanes it was one of the best I have seen it' I was using my 31Neg eye piece 

Good on you Stephen, glad the Nagler is giving you a good time! It's good to hear about it. ?

i went out too before the cloud got too bad... I will probably put a separate post in later ?

Cheers!

Me too. That's two nights on a trot cannot remember the last time that happened.

Only got to see Orion but managed to split the Trapezium into 5 distinct stars.

• Like 2

I could see the split easily in the 6mm which gives me x140.

The 4.5mm wasn't bad but the image wasn't as good as the 6mm this gave me x186.

I did try the 3.5mm giving me x240 but no way, the image was all over the place.

Glad to see you got out Mick! Twice! ?

The trapezium is a draw,.. 

We are all raring to go...!

Man I'm getting so jealous. I tried putting all my setup onto the new pier only to realise the azimuth peg insertion site on the pier adapter requires relocating. So I've sent the pier adapter off to Graham. Once that's back I am gonna get setup sharpish and try and grab any chance I can! I do enjoy reading about your efforts/achievements though guys-keep em coming [emoji4]