• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

MY NEW ORBSEY

Guest Dave Amendall

Guest Dave Amendall

Hi All, I have just had delivery and installation of a new Evo4 Orbsey,which is a 2.2 metre observatory made by Home Observatories Ltd Dungannon N.Ireland. The Orbsey is top quality fibreglass construction.The dome is made in one piece (no leaks) and rotates very smoothly on a bNC steel ballrace system. There are also German made brush seals which keep out the weather and deter insects from taking up residence.The inside of the dome is black and treated with anti condensation material. The total delivery and installation time was five weeks including Xmas week. I found this company by doing a google search looking for an alternative to Pulsar observatories. If you google Homeobserv Ltd Dungannon there is a very interesting website well worth a visit. I hope to automate the dome and shutter later when finances permit. Ref Orbsey Automation youtube

All in All I am delighted with this Orbsey and have now fitted out the interior. I have some jpeg pics I would like to post here but cannot get this site to import them.Probably me being new have'nt figured out how to do it yet! www.my pictures   regards  Dave

That sounds the business Dave. Pop in to the welcome section and say hi, you will receive a warm welcome.

It's best if you use a photo website such as Photobucket or Flikr and use the image code from there, Dropbox doesn't work too well, as it's primarily a file sharing site. That way it doesn't take memory clogging up the forum with images.

I look forward to having a gander at your new scope palace. :thumbsup:

There's a good few of us around the Nottingham area, so if you fancy meeting up just shout, and keep an eye open on the announcements section for more organised meetings, where you would be very welcome to join in.

Guest Dave Amendall

Hi Mick, Thanks for the kind comments, do both visual and astrophotography. Using a Nikon Astro Mod coupled to a Celestron C8 xlt.The xlt is Fastar compatible (F2) but have not been down that road as yet conversion kit is a bit pricey. Still a lot to learn with the imaging but getting better.

Also use a 5" Skywatcher frac interchange both scopes on my synscan EQ mount. It's great not having to set up each time.Just park the scope and close the shutter and that's it.....................Dave

That looks like a really excellent setup Dave :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing some of your astro images. 

Lots of interesting stuff on that Orbsey website.

Hi Dave that's a very nice looking setup you have! ?

Welcome to EMS.

You have taken a big serious step, but it will be worth it. I took a similar step and have not looked back. ?

Enjoy the forum and your Dome ?

Cheers!

Guest Dave Amendall

Hello Steve Thanks for the welcome. I see you went for the Pulsar Dome. That was my original choice, but did not have a very good experience with Pulsar Observatories  unfortunately who kept me waiting longer than 10 weeks for delivery. They did not answer emails and the answer phone promised to get back  but never did. Pulsar eventually refunded my deposit on my request. A lot of unwanted hassle. That was last summer and I found the Orbsey in the Autumn.

The Orbsey uses a different automation system to Pulsar. Even so, you still have a first class observatory. These two companies are probably the only manufacturers of domes in Europe.

Like you say, a big step. Can be expensive.......................Best Dave