• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Lyrids meteor shower

cosmic dave

The lyrids meteor shower peak is on the same night as our next official meeting at gib point. Let's hope for some clear skies and don't forget your sun lounger.

I was thinking about this today Dave, went to town at lunch and saw a nice lounger and thought how well that would do for a meteor watch at Gibraltar Point. Fingers crossed it stays clear.

Ahh, you two beat me to it!! Just noticed the dates in April's 'Sky at Night' mag!! No moon, should be good if the cloud holds off!!

Obsy opened now, another good look at M81 and M82 then into Virgo for some galaxies!

Looking forward to Sat night!

Edited by Ron Clarke

Not looking good for this Saturday I'm affraid, Met office site is showing cloud all day and night :(

Had noticed, but still be good to nip over and have a cuppa if the offer is still open despite the weather.

Yes, your still welcome to come over, some of the North Lincs lads have dropped out but I'm leaving it open to those who want to can still come.

We might be lucky and get a break. I'm very disappointed with the forecast but what can you do ? A date has to be set and we take our chances. :(

I will be there paul, working til 6 then home and change and over to yours...