• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sky watcher 200p vs. Synta 8

pinklerose

Most materials about scopes and equipemnt I'm reading is in my native language because it is just a lot easier for me, especially if I have to read about things I have no clue. ;)

I would like to ask are these scopes are the same. For me they are looking like they are the same but I've found a little detail I couldn't find in 200p description - Pyrex.

Here is Synta 8 - it's not in English, sorry - if anyone interested 1199zł is about £215.

And here is 200p.

Can someone say is it same or different scope?

As far as I aware.

Synta manufactures Orion, Skywatcher, and Celestron telescopes while GSO manufactures AstroTech, Zhumell, Meade, and  Antares brands of telescopes. 

Looking at the photo's I would say they are the same scope.

Edited by Doc

Yup - if you zoom in on the Synta advert one you'll see it has a Skywatcher badge. The scopes are identical. :)

.....and if you can get one for £215 Michal, you'll be a happy bunny :)

Thanks. I thought they gonna be the same, only that Pyrex mirror was making me unsure.

2 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

.....and if you can get one for £215 Michal, you'll be a happy bunny :)

I wish but courier service probably would cost me about 50 pound. I don't think any of my friends is going to Poland by car soon so I'll probably end up buying it from UK shop.

There's always a second hand bargain to be had as well.

These are fairly common scopes to see on the likes of UKAB/S as they are so popular.

Try posting a 'wanted ad'. You never know what may turn up :)

Michal we do have a skywatcher 200P Loan scope which belong to the club. You can borrow that if you want to try before you buy.