• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Help needed please.

Guest VikN46

Guest VikN46

I have just got my hands on some 2nd hand immaculate Baadar LRGB filters 1.25'', however I seem to be have a problem and I can't seem to work out what is causing it.

I have noticed what looks like a reflection of the filter wheel on my LRGB images,  I have taken test shots with and without the IDAS LPS  filter as I am aware that it can cause internal reflections, but  the circles are there with and without it but not when I try the HA filter which is in the wheel too.

they are also on my flats and using the flats doesn't remove it.

Any ideas would be a huge help.

examples can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskvLV6xg

Thank you Vicky.

I took this the other night, but had to really mess with it to reduce the circles and its all blotchy now, but you can still see them..

M51 version 1.4

Edited by VikN46

Guest VikN46

Atik 314+ then a manual filter wheel with the Baader filters, SW coma corrector, with/without the IDAS LP filter Scope: Equinox 80. I thought dust bunnies but the circles don't show on the Ha filter only the LRGB. nothings changed apart from swapping the filters over.

Vicky scrub that just seen them on flicker.

I use to have a similar problem with my manual filter wheel, I traced it down to stray light getting in through the slot in the base where you turn the wheel.

I cured it by putting a strip of tape across the slot.

Guest VikN46

Thanks I will try that, I have some blackout material so will try and make a cover that fits over the filter wheel. see if it cures it.

Thanks for your help so early in the morning :)