• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Bassingham Observatory

Bassinghamobservatory

Well, actually there is no observatory yet.

I have been interested in astronomy since the age of 11 and soon joined the Junior Astronomical Society (now the SPA) and observed meteors, variable stars and the sun. I also joined Liverpool AS at 14 and became their treasurer for a few years until moving to Lincoln in 1978 and have been a member of Lincoln AS since then. I am currently their company secretary and visits organiser (that is visits to their observatory).

I used to be active in submitting observations to the JAS, BAA, The Astronomer and Binocular Sky Society but that waned due to career, marriage and children. I am really only just getting going again and have enjoyed getting to grips with imaging, first with a webcam and now with DSLR 1100D. I still enjoy meteor watching occasionally and have an interest in variable stars and am playing with imaging of variables using the DSLR. I have recently rejoined the SPA and BAA and try to go to as many of their meetings as possible.

I recently started Astrospeakers a website intended to enable AS programme secretaries to find speakers for their lecture meetings. As I have no experience of doing websites I have been ably assisted by Glyn de Lacy, who was the webmaster for Lincoln AS until last year when he moved to Kent.

Nice to have you on board at Ems. Hope you enjoy your stay and if you have any questions please just ask.

Hi Graham, a warm welcome to EMS.

It looks like there's an obsy build in the near future then. :thumbsup: Keep us up to date with how you get on. What are you thinking of housing in it?

A big thanks to you and Glyn for you work on the Astrospeaker's website, a very useful resource.

Hi Graham, welcome to EMS

i too have passed your website onto our club secretary.

looking forward to hearing more from you...

Cheers!

Hi Graham, welcome :)

Thanks from me too for putting together Astrospeakers.

I've informed our secretary (Derby & District AS) and i'm sure we'll be adding our name to your list soon...

Wishing you clear skys 

Hello and welcome to EMS.

And to echo others above thanks for the astrospeakers website, good idea.