• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Doc

Lunar 100-200

Doc

I don't think I have ever shared my Lunar 100-200 with you before.

A long time ago I finished the Lunar 100 usiong my 16" dob and decided to make my own version of it and called it the "Lunar 100-200".

It's basically another 100 objects I went in search for using my 16" dob. A lot of these objects will be viewable in a 4" refractor so why not give it a try.

I hope the link works as it's a excel file.

I have both the Rukl and LAC maps so the page number for them is also included.

The dates in the first column is the date I first viewed the object in question.

Lunar_100-200.xlsx

Edited by Doc

Smithysteve

Hi Mick, a couple of weeks ago a member of the Sherwood observatory gave a very good inspiring talk on the lunar 100 and a history of the moon. I then followed it up by looking at your lunar 100 just last week! And my intention was to get stuck into it...

Now you have posted the next 100! 👍 Nice one!

BAZ

I have the Lunar Atlas by Charles Wood, it's got the images from The LRO and all the locations for the first 100.

I remember you coming up with this list Mick, but I have yet to make a start on the first lot, so it might be a while before I get round to your list. 

Thanks for sharing, there are some nice features on there.

Doc

I have had the list for at least 5 years now and haven't looked at any for ages maybe I should finish it or at least attempt to.

Best of luck if you do try a few of them.

angusw2

Just found this thread and downloaded the link for your list Mick. I've got a record of the Lunar 100 I have seen and once my obs is up and running its one of my goals to finish it off. Now I have more to go at. Thanks for the effort in putting this together.