• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bird watching meet at Attenborough Nature Reserve

Attenborough Nature Reserve Meet

Sun 1st April 2012

Meet outside visitors centre 10.30

Myself and Ron have decided to have a bird watching day walking around Attenborough Nature Reserve, if you would like to come and join us please do.

Remember to bring your binoculars or spotting scope.

Deb may have other plans for me (like decorating), but if I can wriggle out of that I will be along!

Plans have changed, I won't be able to attend. I will be driving to Manchester.

Maybe next time.

Sorry mick,am in Devon seeing my sis for her birthday. With my folks living so close to Exmoor I will of course be taking the scope along Shame I would have liked to have to come along to this. Have a good one :)

Edited by catman161

Sort of, but if a call comes in, I need to be off.

I don't use the van for personal use, it costs too much for the tax, and the diesel is paid for by the mile.

That's one of the reasons why they have trackers fitted, to prove we don't use them ourselves.

Might join you for this Mick - just saw on the news that quite a few Herons are nesting there right now - I'll let you know at the w/e :)

Hi Mick - Di's up for this too so we'll meet you at the entrance at 10:30am. Dunno how long we'll last but will do at least a couple of hours and see how our legs get on lol :)

I'm suffering with my feet as well Kim, I need some of those arch supports making but the pace is slow so no worries, see you tomorrow.

Used Wonder fluid to clean the bins and scope ready for tomorrow, see you all at 10.30 at the centre!

Some of the other twitchers had scopes so I looked through them, but it was visible in bins OK.

Is anyone taking their scope or is it just bins?

I'm bringing bins and maybe a light tripod - I think Di's bringing the 1000D and a zoom lens :)