• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bird watching meet at Attenborough Nature Reserve

Scope and tripod, bins and camera in the car ready, just got to drop my wife and her friend off at Eden Hall at 9.30 ish then on my way! See you all later!

Hope you all have a great time, I was going to come and bring my son along but the thought of a two year old running around shouting would not go down very well with the twitchers! Maybe next year!

Hi guys - sorry I had to cry off today - Di woke up with one of her migraines and still ain't too good - hope you all had a good time.

Yes we saw a glimpse of the Bittern, in fact I don't know how Ron spotted it, he saw it breathing first which gave it away. Funny thing is there was a large birdwatching party led by the Attenborough Warden just there before us and he didn't see it either so a very well done to Ron.

I had a good view of a Cetti's Warbler singing near to the tower hide, that was the best view I've ever had. All your normal water fowl were spotted including some goldeneyes. Also saw a Common Tern which was the first of the year for myself and Ron. Had a look in the Delta Woods for the Woodpeckers but they never showed up.

My circular walk I had planned was cut short due to a path closure so we ended up walking further then I had intended but it was a very pleasent day.

Ron's going to plan a walk around Rutland Water in May so I'm looking forward to that one.

Very much enjoyed that Mick, you're really lucky having it your doorstep! Good weather and good company, who could ask for more!! :)

Agreed Daz, but had to drive home 25 miles! (and pick my wife up after her birthday treat at a Spa!!) :)