• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sky Watcher Adventurer Mount first light.

Graham

As some of you will know I purchased one of these for my solar set up.

Well I got to test it out today and I must say I am well impressed.

This afternoon I set up the PST with the webcam.

I did a rough PA by pointing the weight bar roughly North and started the webcam rolling.

After a short while the sun was drifting off the screen but only in declination.

I nudged the tripod round to the west a bit realigned the PST and started again.

A couple more nudges and realigns and the PA was sorted.

A short while later as per normal the clouds rolled in and it started raining. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

As I was set up indoors ( looking out through the open French doors ) I decided to leave the mount running.

Two hours later the rain clouds cleared and to my amazement the sun was still in frame.

Although these mounts only track in the RA axis the tracking rate is spot on.

I have nothing but praise for this little mount and I can see me getting a lot of use and a great deal of pleasure out of it.

So in conclusion all I can say is anyone looking for a cheapish grab and go or an entry into astro imaging you wont go far wrong by getting one of these. :2thumbsup:

• Like 3

This is great news Graham - not tried mine out yet but you confirm exactly what all the reports/reviews say.

I'm looking forward to getting it set up and running - so thanks for the great report. :)

Incidentally - how are you powering it? Batteries or usb?

Edited by Brantuk

7 minutes ago, Brantuk said:

This is great news Graham - not tried mine out yet but you confirm exactly what all the reports/reviews say.

I'm looking forward to getting it set up and running - so thanks for the great report. :)

Incidentally - how are you powering it? Batteries or usb?

Just with the batteries Kim.

Phil had one running at Kelling last year and the wide field images were bang on. They are great value by the looks of it.