• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Adapter - William Optics Multi-Reticule Finder

Al.Grant

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an adapter available that will allow a William Optics Multi-Reticule Finder to attach to a standard Skywatcher/Vixen  (Syntra) shoe ?

I have changed the shoe but not convenient if wanting to swap it between scopes.

I've looked in the usual places and can't find one.  If one doesn't exist  ...... then it should! 

Cheers 

Al

I think you can simply remove the little screws holding the bracket to the RDF and replace it with this, which fits directly to the SW/Vixen shoe...

http://www.astroboot.co.uk/search.php?needle=SW+red+dot+finder+pedestal

Daz's Baader shoe is the same as the SW shoe with a second thumbscrew in case you feel a bit insecure. I have one :)

Edited by Tweedledee

I think i have a spare finder base that Darren has linked to.

Let me know if you want it. ( i won't charge you £25 either....!)

1 hour ago, Daz Type-R said:

I did look at that but didn't think it was the right thing .... now I'm not so sure

1 hour ago, Tweedledee said:

I think you can simply remove the little screws holding the bracket to the RDF and replace it with this, which fits directly to the SW/Vixen shoe...

http://www.astroboot.co.uk/search.php?needle=SW+red+dot+finder+pedestal

Daz's Baader shoe is the same as the SW shoe with a second thumbscrew in case you feel a bit insecure. I have one :)

Cheers, I'd not looked at AstroBoot & not considered changing the whole pedestal.  

The £3 plastic one is an option but there are some SW RDF's listed for £10. So might try that.

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 15:00, Al.Grant said:

I did look at that but didn't think it was the right thing .... now I'm not so sure

Cheers, I'd not looked at AstroBoot & not considered changing the whole pedestal.  

The £3 plastic one is an option but there are some SW RDF's listed for £10. So might try that.

I'm not sure that the £10 RDF's on Astroboot will be a patch on your WO version.