• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Any body have an Heq5 or eq5. I need some info.

Starman 1967

Hi has any body near or around Arnold Nottingham got an heq5 or eq5? I would like to see if my mount will fit on the tripod. I have an azeq5 and am looking to buy the extension tube for the eq5 as its 16 inches long I just need to know if it will fit my pier tripod. It would only take a minute and I would come to you.

I have both Darren but live in RAF Cranwell about 15 miles down the A17 from Newark, is that to far??

You would also have to come today as I'm going on holiday for a week tomorrow, any help??

Cheers

Ron

Cheers Ron. I'm in no rush. Just can't do today. If I can't get nobody closer in the next week I may take a drive over if that's ok.

OK,let me know when. We are not back till the 29th so any time after that if you need too!

Cheers

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Darren. I have an EQ5 mount with the older tripod - aluminium legged version. I'm located in the NG8 area if you're still looking for the 'dry run' at the tripod. I'm happy to measure any dimensions if that's easier?

I don't mind driving over to drop my mount on. I'm only 10 mins away.  I can come any time over the weekend. I would appreciate it.

OK Darren, I can't contact you direct on here yet (10 posts I believe?) so have found you on facebook I hope.

5 minutes ago, banners said:

OK Darren, I can't contact you direct on here yet (10 posts I believe?) so have found you on facebook I hope.

If no joy with Facebook, let me know (via this thread) and I will enable private messaging so you can arrange the meet.

Edited by Daz Type-R

No go on Facebook Daz. I've tried a pm too not sure if it worked