• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A nephew drops by...

Smithysteve

It's wonderful when a friend or relative takes an interest in all your hard work. I bet he loved it and was buzzing when he finally went home.

• Like 1

Sounds terrific - it's great when you can show off the heavens and a bit of kit at the same time. I'll bet your nephew was well impressed. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

It's wonderful when a friend or relative takes an interest in all your hard work. I bet he loved it and was buzzing when he finally went home.

It was a good show! I emailed him a list and pics of the objects we had been looking at so he could reflect on the night :)

1 hour ago, Brantuk said:

Sounds terrific - it's great when you can show off the heavens and a bit of kit at the same time. I'll bet your nephew was well impressed. :)

Thanks Kim, he was! (and I am always impressed!) ?

1 hour ago, BAZ said:

A good nights work there Steve. Do you reckon it will spark him off?

You never know Baz, but we always live in hope! :lol:

• Like 2

Glad you both had a great time, and very lucky that the weather played ball :thumbsup:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Glad you both had a great time, and very lucky that the weather played ball :thumbsup:

Thanks Pete ?

I hope it's good tonight and tomorrow night too!

Three Astro buddies are coming over later, lugging their 10" dobsonians... followed by my grandson tomorrow night :)... And fishing on Sunday!

It's all down to clouds and the weather now! :facepalm: 

Cheers!

Well we got away with it again, the skies held clear and three buddies and myself had a great night, basically looking at the same as my first post, with the bonus of 2 ISS passes. And other scopes...

its also looking good for tonight too! I am picking up my 14 year old grandson this afternoon and hoping for clear skies again, plus the ISS is due again around 23.24 ish and 1.00 am ?

Hopefully that will make 3 nights in the dome on the trot, a record! :)

8 minutes ago, Smithysteve said:

Well we got away with it again, the skies held clear and three buddies and myself had a great night, basically looking at the same as my first post, with the bonus of 2 ISS passes. And other scopes...

its also looking good for tonight too! I am picking up my 14 year old grandson this afternoon and hoping for clear skies again, plus the ISS is due again around 23.24 ish and 1.00 am ?

Hopefully that will make 3 nights in the dome on the trot, a record! :)

Living the dream :thumbsup:

And lots of public outreach :)

• Like 1

Good sessions are few and far between! We have just got to make the most of it!

There is only two to three hours of darkness at the mo too, but it is definitely nice to have warmer conditions! ?

Beginning to feel like I am back on night shifts... ?

Happy days! ?

On 27 May 2016 at 19:43, Smithysteve said:

Thanks Pete ?

I hope it's good tonight and tomorrow night too!

Three Astro buddies are coming over later, lugging their 10" dobsonians... followed by my grandson tomorrow night :)... And fishing on Sunday!

It's all down to clouds and the weather now! :facepalm: 

Cheers!

Well, to finish off, it's been a successful weekend, three nights on the trot in the dome, with a nephew, 3 Astro buddies and last but not least, my 14 year old grandson on sat night. (Followed with a 05.30 start on Sunday to go fishing with my grandson :))

it was a bit déjà vu, except we also bagged a faint glob on sat night, M56 in Lyra. This is one I cannot remember seeing before, it was faint and the sky was still twilight, but three nights on the trot and good weather for fishing, whoa! Rare delights!

cheers!