• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

sw autofocuser lead Question

Bottletopburly

Can anyone tell me van you get a longer lead for the sw autofocuser so  I dont have to keep controller on ota  , and perhaps mount on tripod 

I've not checked - but try Astronomiser - they do all sorts of leads and extensions for the standard stuff like this David.

And their leads are all tested and guaranteed to work with astro gear. :)

• Like 1

You can use a standard phone extension lead. 

Cost a couple of quid for a 5 metre one. 

The plugs might need a quick rub down with some sand paper as mine were a bit tight. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys ,5m thats handy may work from the shed 

As Graham says a standard phone extension works fine David, I ran mine on a 10 meter to the conservatory with no problems at all just dont go for a longer coiled one that extends to 10 meter, they are literately like a spring extended at those lengths

Edited by Brady
  • Like 1

Is it an rj11 to rj11 extension I require .?

I thought it was RJ10 if i remember, 4P4C connector but better wait for confirmation on that David.. thing is i bought a 20m cable from ebay and the crimp set and made 3 different sizes to suit my needs...

Edited by Brady
  • Like 1

Thanks to brady I purchased  for £7.82  20 m of wire , 10 rj10 plugs and a crimper  made  a 2m lead and a 6m lead  took five minutes to do  ,

got bits from www.kenable.co.uk