• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

June 30th - Paul Money - New Horizons

The next meeting of the Long Eaton Astronomical Society is on Thursday the 30th June at the now usual time of 7pm. Our guest speaker for the evening will be the ever popular Paul Money. Paul will be talking to us about the New Horizons mission to Pluto. No doubt there will be some fantastic images as we find out more about the mission. Before the talk if weather allows there will be opportunity for some solar observing too.

As always all are welcome, members free and non-members for a suggested donation of £2. Refreshments will be available from 6:30pm.

It's a great talk, very interesting. We had him over a few months ago but I bet he's got more to add by now.

Edited by tuckstar

I'm hoping to attend too........if you'll accept Derby rif raf for the night !  ;)

I've seen many Paul Money talks over the years, and missed his talk at IDAS due to being incapacitated.

Its always a pleasure to see Paul do his stuff.

Our own society did a Pluto talk earlier in the month ; i missed that too being stuck at work.

Hopefully see you there.

Thanks for having me tonight, and sorry for dashing off at the end.

Thoroughly enjoyable talk from Paul, who never disappoints.

It was nice to see a good turnout, thanks to all who attended. I really enjoyed the talk, Paul is so enthusiastic, it's hard not to enjoy his talks! Some of the images we now have back from New Horizons are stunning and reveal so much about what should have been a boring little ball of stuff.

Rob, great to see you there, you are always more than welcome along, as too is anybody else!

• Like 3

Paul Money in fine form again. An excellent talk with some utterly amazing images from the Pluto system. The boulder shadows in the mist was the one for me. It just amazes me how much high quality data they have got back already from something that went through at such terrific speed. Definitely one of the best missions to such a far flung part of the solar system, with I think the first use of the xenon ion engines in a mission.

Sorry I couldn't make this one guys, had my eyes lasered on Tuesday due to this darn Diabetic retinopathy, seeing the TV was hard enough never mind getting over there.