• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Two Saturns, lots of M's...

Smithysteve

Wow what a haul Stephen. Some cracking objects there, did you use a filter with the nebulas?

Those four you couldn't get because of the house getting in the way are the ones I need as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wow what a haul Stephen. Some cracking objects there, did you use a filter with the nebulas?

Those four you couldn't get because of the house getting in the way are the ones I need as well.

Hi Mick, I used a 2" Oiii on the nebs, but some could be seen without it... M17 was a lovely nebula, I will be going back to this... It looked very big, like a fat brush stroke of grey against the background, I was impressed!

the ones I cannot get to should be available if I start out a half hour earlier... I will persist! ?

Sounds like you had a great time there Stephen.

You must be in a different country to me all I get to see lately is clouds. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Nice report Steve.

Sounds like a great session. :thumbsup:

Yes I had a good session... Its always a pleasant surprise and a huge delight to see stuff.

Of late I have seen many objects for the first time, I am trying to get to see as many things as I can, but I will be returning to study several of them a bit closer.

i love DSO's, the nebs, galaxies and especially the globs. :)

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Sounds like you had a great time there Stephen.

You must be in a different country to me all I get to see lately is clouds. 

Thanks Graham, just a different County, I am as fed up with the weather as you are. I feel I am missing out on stuff due to clouds etc. I did

not get to see the moon on its last pass! I am always optimistic though ?

17 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Loads of exciting stuff there Steve. A great read. :thumbsup:

Thanks Pete, there is so much to see! And I am just sharing the joy of seeing things... I love reading everyone else's reports and find them inspirational... ?