Welcome to East Midlands Stargazers

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you'll be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, communicate with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you've signed in.

Daz Type-R

July monthly meet - FRIDAY 29th July - 20:00 - BELPER dark site.

29 posts in this topic

All,

The July monthly meet is scheduled for Friday 29th July, start time slightly later of 20:00.

I know we normally get together on a Saturday and I appreciate Friday's are not great for all but I feel we need to get the most out of the Belper dark site when we can, and this date is clear all night.

Tea, coffee and a selection of nibbles will be available, please remember to bring your own mug and £1 to cover the costs of the refreshments.

We also have some EMS mugs for sale, these are priced at £3.50.

Like previous meets, there will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions, bring any kit you need us to look at, help with collimation ETC, just shout up below so we can bring the necessary kit with us (if required).

No specific agenda this month, hopefully if the sky clears then we will be able to do some observing, so weather permitting, bring your kit.

No moon tonight, well at least until 2:15am when it will rise, if it's clear early on we may get an hour or so on Jupiter but it will be sinking lower as the night progresses, Saturn and Mars should be up for a good while (although low down) but lets hope for some good seeing conditions.

Any questions please feel free to ask away and I hope to see a number of you there.

:)

Edited by Daz Type-R
BAZ likes this

One day, i'll get to one of these meets.........!

I'll be in the Canaries for this one, sorry.

Date saved. Think I can actually make this one! :-)

I aim to be there with the sausage monster :)

Cannot make the Friday, got no transport.

me and rob was planning to go to wymeswold on the Saturday 

It may be possible for an hour Or two ... If I do make it ill take an ems mug off you .

Looks like I'm free, hopefully should make it.

I can make this Friday. So see you there. 

Can't make this one, busy packing ready to move in a couple of weeks! Have a good night! :)

I'll be there. Hopefully weather going to be better. 

Can't make this one folks - playing with new AV gear. Will be at the next WW one - have a great evening. :)

Good to catch up tonight and meet some new people too... even got a little observing done.... astrosmile

Plenty of clouds to discuss, but we managed to see the ISS, as well as a another fast moving bright satellite, I have had a look for that and nothing comes up for it. Mars and Saturn popped in and out of the clouds, but I didn't see Antares.

It was good to catch up and have an astro natter and just whinge about things in general. Next time maybe.

I have just submitted booking off Friday the 12th of August, just in case the Persids put in a monster display, that way I can do Thursday 11th and Friday night as well. Maybe, you never know.

Bummer I was hoping there was going to be one tonight, not been on much recently so haven't kept an eye on when the next meeting was :(

I'll try make the next one, I need someone to show me how to polar align my little mount

I got to meet astro dog #3 for the first time (very cute & not bitey) plus the sky turned out better than expected - all good.

I am also off on Persid Friday - fingers crossed for some clear sky.

It was nice to meet up with folks, have my chips and a good natter.

Sorry to have whimped out so early but family illness meant my resources needed to be conserved a bit. Unfortunately the next day proved I was right, I lost my father to cancer on Saturday night. So Friday did me a power of good and helped give me a lift and helped a lot with getting through what was to come. 

Look forward to the next

Sorry to hear this news Phil. If you ever need a chat you know where I am. 

Send Fliss my condolences as well.

philjay likes this

Sorry to hear that Phil.

:( 

philjay likes this

My sympathies Phil.

philjay likes this