• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Studfold Caravan and camping Park

Stephen

Caroline and my self stayed here for our hoilday, They are trying to set up a asronomy dark site but need help they have no idea how much things cost which I did point out the prices of thing it is beeing  back by the councils, They asked me if we would help them. I will email them the Society Popular Asronomy email 

Stephen,

Sorry, can I just make sure I understand you, so they want to set up a dark sky site on their camping site, and they want us (us as in EMS or us as in yourself and your group down south), to help them do that?

And by "they have the backing of the council", I`m not quite sure what this would entail as their site is private property, what could the council do?

Do you have any other information on what they are planning, you say they have no idea how much things cost, what are they looking at?

This answers the question why I am getting no where with them when trying to organise another EMS star party  :angry:

Hi Darren they are thinking of doing a dark sky site ,They had £200 to spend on a telescope , I think they are looking to try and earn more money but they do not want interfer with there camping, They do seem to able get grants, I did not take it to serisly, I had my solarscope there and people came across to look at the Sun that is when they spoke to me she was surprised how much my scope cost, It might be worth talking to them or it might worth trying for another site I just do not no. It does get invaded by young familys at the weekends I did put my scope then for safty 

Hi Darren she did say that they were busy in April they do familys week ends