• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

PotM August 2016

Sheila

Well i was quite surprised by how many images had been posted.  I expected an easy job this month :lol:  Did not happen

most of the images were DSO's with some widefield and some solar.  At least the sun showed up for some of the timw :)

Ibbo was prolific as usual with tests on the TS71 , IC1318 and an extremely good set of solar images at the end of August.  The 30.8.2016 set were really good

Brady gave a very nice rendition of the Andromeda Galaxy

Graham must have had the best of the weather down there as he gave us loads of images of the Pelican nebula, Crescent, Brromstick, IC1318 and M33 and some solar too

Stuart JPP produced a very nice image of vdB152, not an easy subject to tackle

Silentrunning gave an excellent rendition of the Cygnus wall

Brady a nice image of the Pacman nebula

and Philjay back at the scope with M33 and snapshots of Andromeda, M13, M27 and the Veil.

A very nice widefiled of CAS to Cyg from bassinghsmobservatory and Star trails from Sunny Phil

Difficult to pick between some of the images but there can only be one winner, so I have to chose.

It has to be Graham's mosaic of the pelican nebula   

well done Graham

Pelican-Neb-Mosaic.r.jpg

Edited by Sheila
  • Like 2

Congratulations Graham, a nice image.

Thanks to all the other cloud dodgers imagers who contributed, here's to some quality skies for the darkening nights.

Thanks Sheila for the round up. :)