• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling banter and aftermath thread.

BAZ

16 minutes ago, Sheila said:

well all the astro gear is in, just the food left to sort :D

Left the most important until last.

:) 

That's the caravan sorted, just got to find all my astro gear after the house move!! See you all Thursday lunchtime'ish :)

Cheers

Ron

Camper is loaded just clothes, food and fuel before I set off on Friday. Aiming to arrive no later than 8pm. I hope I can still get access to the site and pitch. Might need a hand with the awning to get it set up before dark. The gear I can do with the aid of my trusty red torch ;)

1 hour ago, Teslar said:

Camper is loaded just clothes, food and fuel before I set off on Friday. Aiming to arrive no later than 8pm. I hope I can still get access to the site and pitch. Might need a hand with the awning to get it set up before dark. The gear I can do with the aid of my trusty red torch ;)

Bit of news for you Tom 

It gets dark just after seven down this part of the world now. ;)

Sorry not going to be able to get there. Got some personal issues than need sorting out. Was really looking forward to this all year...2016 has been really poo:(

if anyone wanted my pitch for free let me know and I give the reference number 

11 minutes ago, seven_legs said:

Sorry not going to be able to get there. Got some personal issues than need sorting out. Was really looking forward to this all year...2016 has been really poo:(

if anyone wanted my pitch for free let me know and I give the reference number 

Sorry to hear that Tony, hope you get it sorted soon.

I have created this thread and made it a featured topic....

Will try and get the pitch shifted for you, its a long shot but you never know.

All the best,

Daz.

After checking my email it turns out I booked from the 29th, but I don't plan on arriving until Friday 30th, hoping someone can show me how to use my little mount properly, only had it out a couple of times and I'm awful at attempting to polar align it

I called to ensure I would be OK arriving late. Reception closes at 8pm I'm told that if I arrive later I just collect a map from the hotel and park up on my pitch then register the next morning. If anyone would care to PM me their mobile number I'd appreciate it just incase I get lost in the dark and can't find my pitch. I'll have to drive in with sidelights on if that's ok

Awesome few days at Kelling.

Clear skies and great company what more could anyone need.

Big thanks to Sheila for the marvellous food.

Well, that was better than expected, we had some good nights. Got back this afternoon and the front room looks like a riot in a Millet's store.

Thanks for the great company and banter. It was nice to be able to get the scope some proper starlight down it again.

Same time next year then!

Had a great time at Kelling last night was very good and the company it was realy nice seeing every one again

I agree it was a fantastic few days. Thanks to Daz for letting me share, thanks to Baz for a lovely dinner and thanks everyone else for good company.

Yep it was a good weekend. Thanks to Baz for the loan of a power lead after the flash incident spoiled your night vision and nearly soiled me [emoji2] thanks to Allan for feeding me alcohol when I didn't really need it :) thanks to Daz for pathfinding and thanks to all who made me welcome. It made the trip worth it

Well we finally left the pitch at 6:30pm last night - was hoping to be home at 8 or 9'ish - but the A47 was closed just before Wisbech and we got diverted via Ely - 45 miles round the fens along bumpy dykes with adverse camber. Not fun when you're towing a caravan in the dark following iffy diversion signs. Finally got home at ten to midnight - wheww!

And it was the best night for astronomy since arriving last Monday - typical. But really enjoyed being there despite the water ingress to the caravan in the middle of a huge downpour one night - now I gotta fix that - thanks for the help with it Martyn. :)

Had a very nice time there despite all - and it was smashing catching up with everyone. Roll on next year. :)

• Like 2

You need to get a new fairy godmother Kim, your current one isn't on the job. :D

Good to see you mate. I hope the van doesn't cost much to sort out.

3-4 photos of the Blue field, nothing exciting.

I will get a report written up soon of what we observed, need to try and remember everything, may need some help as we did loads over the 2 clear nights....

EFBE4352-3CAB-4741-8C8D-977FA6A2E98D.jpg

734A758C-3D1C-49A4-ADAC-DED77B273542.jpg

DD0FFC9B-BAC8-42BB-A946-F109116BE697.jpg

4D4621B7-288F-4408-A5DC-2D463C41C354.jpg

Edited by Daz Type-R
  • Like 2