Welcome to East Midlands Stargazers

Register now to join the local astronomy forum covering the East Midlands!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whizzbang

EMS meets

3 posts in this topic

its time to get back to some imaging. alot has happened over the summer, mainly i have had to give up my observatory and become a mobile astronomer. with this in mind, im keen to join the dark sky gang, obviously with kelling happening not alot will happen this week, but when is the next likely meet, either at WW or Belper, also does anyone stay overnight at these locations? many thanks russ

Edited by whizzbang

We normally have a monthly meet at either Belper or WW but of course this month we are all at Kelling. Keep an eye on the announcement section of the forum for updates. There is the odd adhoc meet if it's clear as well and of course if you are a paid up member you can go anytime you want, either by yourself or advertise it on the forum and see if anyone is available to join you.

I cannot see no reason you cannot stay the whole night if you want to, most people stay till at least 03.00 if it's clear if not it's normally around midnight after they have had about 5 cuppas and a good natter.

Hope this helps.

What Doc said. :)

Your first visit is free, to see if it suits you and it meets your observing/imaging needs. Pop along to the next meet and say hello, if it's an observing meet, then bring your kit along with you. If you want to join after that then there is a subscription bar along the top where you can click and pay.