• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Is this man brave or stupid

Doc

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

I would have been stung to death. I've been stung quite a few times now for some reason they like my blood.

They like dry, clean, posh looking places - I would keep an eye open regards your man den! ??

I'd have been more worried if I were the house owner. At least the pest control expert has the proper protective clothing, but if 10,000 angry disturbed wasps suddenly came through the loft hatch into the house, it could have been very nasty for the occupants.

44 minutes ago, Smithysteve said:

They like dry, clean, posh looking places - I would keep an eye open regards your man den! ??

I once found a small wasps nest inside my obsy dome. It was only about 4 inches across and the wasps had vacated it. So they definitely do like man dens.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Surely you would have heard 10,000 wasps :huh:

You would have thought there'd bee at least a bit of a buzz. :facepalm: When it was occupied. 

I bet those nests have pretty good sound insulation. Probably good heat insulation as well. That entrance tube along the rafters almost looks like some type of loft insulation.

Beautifully intricate feat of work by the little wasps.

You have to admire them.

They never use a nest twice though.

Back in 2009 i discovered that hornets were nesting in the house opposite us.

Now they would give you the shivers. They are triple (yes triple) the size of wasps.

The last house we had we had a large wasps nest ,The people who came to take it down sprayed the loft and shut the loft of for so long then went back, you could still hear some of the wasps it took a bout 3 hours to clear