• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Belper group

Alex h

Hey everyone! I hope it's okay to post this here but we are currently trying to start a Belper Astromy group!! And could do with some more people!  We meet at the queens head pub on chesterfield road on the following dates! 

September 15th

October 6th

October 20th

November 3rd

November 17th

December 1st

December 15th Xmas Party

cheers Alex! 

Hi Alex.

Do you only meet Thursday nights, some of us have families and kids ETC so school night meets are few and far between (but not impossible)?

Do you have somewhere to observe from or is this just the social side of the hobby?

Also, what time do your meets start?

Sorry we only meet on Thursday At the moment (might change eventually!) there is a court yard to the back which we use to observe but it's mainly social and we meet at half 7 :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Being a Belper person I would love to meet but suffering with social anxiety is a problem.  Once I'm able to manage the problem I will be there, been on a waiting list for near on 3 years now. 

3 minutes ago, Sneakybrit said:

Being a Belper person I would love to meet but suffering with social anxiety is a problem.  Once I'm able to manage the problem I will be there, been on a waiting list for near on 3 years now. 

Meeting people in the dark, at a dark site might be a little easier for you Kev. Hope you get sorted soon. :)

14 minutes ago, Sneakybrit said:

No worries my mrs suffers with it fingers crossed you get through it soon :) 

1 hour ago, Tweedledee said:

Meeting people in the dark, at a dark site might be a little easier for you Kev. Hope you get sorted soon. :)

Hopefully, if there aint to many people there I should be ok. 

Have to find transport to get up to the Belper site, being unemployed means I dont have a car.  Not to worry, I'll get sorted one day :P

Just now, Sneakybrit said:

Hopefully, if there aint to many people there I should be ok. 

Have to find transport to get up to the Belper site, being unemployed means I dont have a car.  Not to worry, I'll get sorted one day :P

Yep, the only way is up. Reach for the stars. :2thumbsup:

We are only averaging around 6 people atm lol I live in Belper if I ever go to the Belper site I'd be happy to get you :) 

8 minutes ago, Alex h said:

We are only averaging around 6 people atm lol I live in Belper if I ever go to the Belper site I'd be happy to get you :) 

Thank you. Thats very decent of you.