• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

BBC4, Britain's Starmen tonight

Tweedledee

BBC4 tonight 9pm.

Britain's Starmen: Heroes of Astronomy.

Four astronomers go on a road trip to revisit some of the world's greatest observatories.

Looks good. :)

Thanks for that! Have been trying to find out when it was on as all of the trailers neglected to mention that!

Alan

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Thanks for that! Have been trying to find out when it was on as all of the trailers neglected to mention that!

Alan

Like you, I had seen the trailers for a week or two and wondered when it was on.

I only stumbled upon it last night flicking through the channel guide to see if there was anything better than Corrie to watch. :)

On Saturday, October 01, 2016 at 15:28, Orion said:

Missed it. Ironically, I was in.  I must look for it on bbc i player. I hope it's there.

It is showing again tonight on BBC4 at 10.30pm. 

Before that is S@N at 10pm and now (9pm) Horizon - How Small is the Universe.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the programme.

Four genteel, quintessentially British, academics. All 75+ year olds on a mission to relive a journey they all made 50 years ago - big professional scopes, big rugged terrain, brilliant full stop.

The program started off showing one of the professors opening up and describing the 24" reflector scope, in Cambridge university grounds and it brought it all back to me. Last year I and a few other Astro buddies were privelidged to be shown around the very same domed scope. All wonderful stuff!

• Like 2

On 02/10/2016 at 21:04, Tweedledee said:

It is showing again tonight on BBC4 at 10.30pm. 

Before that is S@N at 10pm and now (9pm) Horizon - How Small is the Universe.

I saw it, but it was a bit sad I thought.