• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

KELLING 2017 21st to 24th September altered pitches

Sheila

Hi Everyone

Great Kelling this year, quite a bit of clear skies :D 

A few people have switched about so please could you check the pitch booking thread and make sure I have everyone

correctly allocated.  I have some folks waiting to see if some pitches are not booked and I will move them to them if I hear nothing

from the unconfirmed pitches.

I will leave this up for 7 days and then will allow others to move onto the un booked pitches.  You have

been warned!!!!  I am not able now as previously, to book your pitches.  It has to be in person over the phone or

at Kelling

I think I have it all correct but please let me know if not.  You will need the booking reference to book any pitch

All present and correct now, everyone has sorted and booked.  Just 2 pitches left, 234 and 235

Sheila

Edited by Sheila
Removed featured topic.

Thanks Sheila, 

I'm on pitch 230. All booked and paid for. Sent you a PM on the 16th Sep.

13 minutes ago, TasKiNG said:

Thanks Sheila, 

I'm on pitch 230. All booked and paid for. Sent you a PM on the 16th Sep.

It was kelling that gave me all the booked pitches just before I left. Guess they made a mistake if you have your booking confirmation :) 

3 minutes ago, Sheila said:

It was kelling that gave me all the booked pitches just before I left. Guess they made a mistake if you have your booking confirmation :) 

Maybe they were confused because I was on pitch 234 this year but have booked 230 next year so 234 will be free. :)

All,

There are only 2 pitches left that are grouped together with the rest of the EMS lot......

They are under trees unfortunately but there will be room out of the trees to place any scopes ETC.

See this map of the blue butterfly area to see where they are....

http://www.kellingheath.co.uk/pdf/blue-butterfly-area.pdf

If you want to come along to next years Kelling star party and you wish to be with the rest of EMS, then you had better get booking, Sheila will be handing these 2 pitches back to Kelling soon, as we cannot keep them forever.

Cheers.

• 9 months later...

Hi, I can only be there till Saturday now, I have just put 2 nights up for sale.

There's a VW event near by that has stolen my fancy ?

Don't blame you ?   Just be careful it does not allow someone else to grab your pitch for next year. Will do my best as usual not to let this happen :) 

To be honest I think I will hand it back to EMS for next year, my interests are elsewhere now really - not that they were high in the first place lol.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I've booked my usual pitch from the Thursday to the Sunday if I want to increase the length of stay and based on the trouble I had with Kelling last year do I need to do it through you Sheila as based on last year i think the pitches are held off Sunday to Sunday in your name sorry to be a pain but looking like I wouldn't mind doing the Tuesday to Monday cheers 

Hi, I can only be there till Saturday now, I have just put 2 nights up for sale.

There's a VW event near by that has stolen my fancy [emoji23]

Is that the 23rd and 24th your putting up for Sale Cazz? I might be interested [emoji2]

5 minutes ago, Teslar said:

Is that the 23rd and 24th your putting up for Sale Cazz? I might be interested emoji2.png

Hi, it is :-)

Try not to electrocute yourself this year please, the flash was seen over the whole blue field.

?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daz Type-R said:

Try not to electrocute yourself this year please, the flash was seen over the whole blue field.

?

I think it was seen over most of Norfolk :rofl:

On 7/28/2017 at 16:42, Allan the Plumber said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but I've booked my usual pitch from the Thursday to the Sunday if I want to increase the length of stay and based on the trouble I had with Kelling last year do I need to do it through you Sheila as based on last year i think the pitches are held off Sunday to Sunday in your name sorry to be a pain but looking like I wouldn't mind doing the Tuesday to Monday cheers 

Hi

I have never booked extra days for folks, once you have booked and your name is on the pitch I assume you should be able to exchange :) 

I booked my weekend pitch under EMS, then just extended the start date with kelling, (if Ive worded that right lol)

Maybe started it sooner would have made more sence ?

22 hours ago, Sheila said:

Hi

I have never booked extra days for folks, once you have booked and your name is on the pitch I assume you should be able to exchange  

Last year when i called Kelling asking to extended my stay I was informed my pitch was booked and held by a Mr Barry and that he'd booked my pitch after the Sunday when I'd originally booked to leave. After a bit of head scratching the penny finally dropped when I realised it was Martyn, I then had to get Martyn to call Kelling to explain that I was part of the EMS group before they'd allow me to book the extension on my pitch. Upon final phone calls and getting the reservation staff to understand what I was trying to do it appears that the pitches on my side where held in Martyn's name and the pitches held on the other side where held in your name. With Martyn not being a moderator or admin now on EMS I'm guessing all the pitches are held in your name Shelia? The amount of backwards and forwarding I had to do (phone calls /emails )from both myself and Martyn before they agreed I was part of EMS and that I wasn't a muggle  was a pain and I know it pissed Martyn off asking him to contact Kelling so I'm trying to get in early to give you the heads up if I need to do the same this year that you're probably need to advise Kelling that I'm the same person and not a muggle. I did in July when I stayed at Kelling speak to someone in reception during my stay and it does appear the pitches are held off to stop other people booking on for that whole week.

i won't make the decision till nearer the time (weather ) but just want to let you know that this maybe the case. Thanks for reading Shelia sorry to ask but it was a really problem last year ???