• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Observing report from Kelling 2016

Doc

This year at Kelling we had two clear night and as usual Darren and I tried to find as many objects as we could in the time we had. Below is a list of all those objects, they are not in any particular order. The skies were good especially Friday night and both scopes were spot on in finding all these objects.

Mars

Saturn

M31
M32
M110
Ngc7662
Ngc7331
Ngc7789
M52
Double Cluster
M103
Owl Cluster
M34
M81
M82
M101
M51
Ngc6543 Cats Eye Nebula
M13
M92
M57
The Coathanger
M56
M76
M71
Ngc6826 Blinking Nebula
Eastern Veil Nebula
Western Veil Nebula
Alberio
M11
M15
M2
Ngc7009 Saturn Nebula
M72
M73
M30
Uranus
Neptune
M45
M1
M35
M36
M37
M10
M14
M12
M107
M18
M26

I think that is about it unless Darren can add any.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 2

That's about it Mick, we also managed Mars and Saturn taking our planet count to 4 but all the NGC's and Messer's look spot on, I don't have any others to add.

I`m just chuffed we managed M107, a first I think Mick for both of us, this now takes my Messier "need" list down to 24, a southern trip could be in order to get the rest.

Another first for me was Caroline's Rose, NGC7789, looked fantastic in my 21mm Ethos and was an object I kept going back too.

Scope, EP's and filters all performed well and Kelling was a good test of the equipment (which has been stood idle for many a month) so I now feel ready for the winter months.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. :thumbsup:

Carolines Rose is lovely from a dark sky, glad you found that.