• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Thanks Mark.

cosmic dave

Cheers Mark that was a good evenings viewing, the scope seemed to work well but for me saturn stole the show at the end of the night. Hope we can do it again.

Agreed, Saturn was beautiful and Mars was looking good too. The Moon was showing some nice detail. Even though there was a bright crescent moon, we could still see masses of stars and i easily found M3 and the Leo triplet in my scope.

Just waiting till i have time to process my images from last night. :)

Thanks Dave, all OK, Rosie's a bit tender but is resting now. I couldn't have made it last night anyway, I was too tired. I did a bit of observing early on, Jupiter's GRS was showing well and I saw some nice detail on Mars.

We noticed the grs aswell, mark said he could make out some sort of cannal network on mars, lol

We noticed the grs aswell, mark said he could make out some sort of cannal network on mars, lol

Maybe after a few beers :D

I vaguely remember having an astronomy book, when I was about 9 or 10, which had a picture of Mars with canals.

Daves scope performs so much better now that he has installed motor drives. No more faffing with manual controls. Mars and Jupiter were both showing good detail in his new refractor.