Welcome to East Midlands Stargazers

Register now to join the local astronomy forum covering the East Midlands!

Daz Type-R

October Monthly Meet - Saturday 29th - 19:30 hrs - Wymeswold Dark Site.

35 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, philjay said:

I will be there. Can I ask a favour please? Anyone with a non modded Canon DSLR full frame or APS, could you bring it along. Ive got an EF lens I need to test on a non modded camera as mine is modded and don't focus on auto due to filter change.

Ta very much 

What's APS? is that half frame?  i have unmodded 1100d i could bring?  i also have Canon EOS to M42 thread adaptor ring, and Canon to T thread (i think M48)

Great stuff Orion the 1100d is aps c sensor size, that would be great to test thanks

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Orion likes this

Thanks to all who came tonight, sorry about the milk and biscuits, I don't know, you just can't get the staff!

:facepalm:

Hi, sorry for a no show last night but I spent all day building decking in the garden and I'm not as young as I used to be!! recovering today! :)

10 hours ago, Daz Type-R said:

Thanks to all who came tonight, sorry about the milk and biscuits, I don't know, you just can't get the staff!

:facepalm:

Thanks for having me, it was an enjoyable and interesting evening even if the only thing to see in the sky was cloud. I think there was a consensus around the room to forgive you for the milk and biscuits. 

As result of the meeting; dark sky membership - here I come. 

Thank you all for a very warm welcome. 

Orion likes this

It was a good evening and I would like to thank the new members for coming along it was great to meet you all.

Lets hope the next one will be cloud free and we can finally get some observing done.

On 11/10/2016 at 14:03, Derbyshire Dave said:

Would like to come, but might be a it pushed timewise that weekend.

Only just joined after Kelling, so just working out how these things work. Is it just  turn up/stargaze/go home, or do you tend to camp/caravan in the area?

It's a bit of a haul for me, I live close to the Belper Site. Will definitely go to the Belper site, how do I find out of anyone is going there on a casual basis

Glad to meet you Dave.  

PIty about the weather.  there is usually a lot more people than last night.

Derek 

3 hours ago, Wetfeet said:

Thanks for having me, it was an enjoyable and interesting evening even if the only thing to see in the sky was cloud. I think there was a consensus around the room to forgive you for the milk and biscuits. 

As result of the meeting; dark sky membership - here I come. 

Thank you all for a very warm welcome. 

Nice to meet you there Jonathan. 

When the skies are clear, there can be quite an activity on the field.  

They also sometimes have a meeting at a school which has an observatory in the building.  I've only seen through the scope once (M42) but it would be nice to have a look again, spending a greater time.

Derek 

Thanks for the meet last night.  And I'm feeling healthier for no biscuits!