• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Tesco/Unilever Effect

It goes without saying that if the pound is worth less, then we will get less for our money. I do see a lot of profiteers jumping on the bandwagon hoping to make an unscrupulous buck.

3 hours ago, Sunny Phil said:

How long before telescopes and accessory prices start going up.

Looking on the bright side, when we sell our old gear, we might demand a slightly higher price for it if the price has gone up on the new stuff. :dontknow:

They have cuddled and made up now. It makes me (paranoid me) wonder if this was all planned between them so prices rises can be implemented with both sides saying that it had to happen and that they are watching each other for the benefit of the consumer. Trust no one!

I must get some more Marmite. :D (A good survival food for the Solar flare event that wipes out most of humanity.)

• Like 2

They can keep their Marmite :lol:

Yesterdays IAS visit proved to me that lots of kit has gone up in the last two weeks.

I brought a wedge for my tracking mount that has gone up on 365s website by 12.5% in the last week alone.

It helps to shop around and know rough prices of things though.....

But some stuff is crazily overpriced. Some Canon SLR lenses have seen nearly a 20% rise.

My 20mm es eyepiece has gone up £100 in six months and my 14mm went up £20 the day after I brought mine.