• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Tim Peake Tour - heads up.

Brantuk

Just a quick heads up for anyone following Tim Peake the ISS astronaut.

He's visiting the National Space Center in Leicester today - so if you're in the Leicester area it may be worth your while dropping in.

See here for further details: http://www.esa.int/ESA_in_your_country/United_Kingdom/Tim_Peake_to_tour_the_UK

If you go - have fun

Cheers Kim but what a stupid day to do it!

I would have loved to have gone and I`m sure my son would have but I`m at work and my son is at school.

Not the best way to inspire the younger generation if they cant get to see him - but I will let him off though - he normally does some fantastic out-reach.

All the tickets for the Leicester event went within a couple of hours of them going on sale (about two weeks ago). I know, 'cos I tried to get some!. Also tried to check other venues last week, all sold out except Belfast..

Alan

Yeah - bit of a daft day to do it - and obviously not a big enough venue for the demand. I only heard about it this morning on the news - so it coulda been advertised a bit better and a lot earlier imho. :)