• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sorry everyone

Nelson

I went to the IAS on Friday and spent some time looking at various things but there was only one thing on my mind really, that was a Celestron Edge HD on the AVX mount so I hung around the Celestron area and finally spoke to a couple of the staff as I wanted to test the weight of the mount without the weight and the ota, so it meant them stripping down the scope on show. Well to cut a long story short I bought the said scope and mount and to my surprise they gave my a pair of Celestron 20x80 bins free!!!! Not tried them out yet, and this is where my sorry comes in, not only have we had clouds but heavy rain as well. 

Thanks everyone as soon as it all arrives and I get it set up I will post some pics. I had to save from my pension for about a year to be able to get it I also sold my Mak 127, all I have to do now is sell my golf clubs and electric trolley then who knows what's on the agenda.

Afternoon all, my new scope arrived today and I have put most of it together and taken a pic but for the life of me I have no idea how to upload pics, anyone help please and don't forget I will need an idiots guide to do it. I'm now going to read both the instruction manuals that came with it. Hang on there is a box below this one that may allow me to upload a pic. No the file is too big, I have cropped it as much as I dare so how can I reduce it further. The system is saying I can only insert up to 512 what ever.

Edited by Nelson

HI, your best bet is to upload it to Photobucket or some other file sharing software and then post from there, that's what I do and it is a doddle on a smart phone.  User guides are here.......

https://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/forum/3-information-announcements/

Edited by Daz Type-R
Completly the wrong section.

I'll try again. Not the best pic you've every seen but at least I managed to upload it. I tried the photo bucket suggestion but didn't get far with that, so I cropped it right down. 

IMG_0780.JPG

• Like 1

Hi there yes I intend to do both visual and imaging. I have the T-adapter and T-ring to fit my camera but I have to get used to the mount ASAP. Once again thanks for your comments I hope I get lots of use and fun out of it.

Hi everyone I have been reading and rereading the instruction manual with regard to the Nexstar hand controller, I have contacted Celestron support but guess what, no reply. So here is the first of my problems, nowhere in the manual tells me how to get off a page, has anyone got one of these controllers and if so could you help, please.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

nowhere in the manual tells me how to get off a page

Hi Melvyn - not quite sure what you mean by this - can you give a little more detail please?

(e.g. are you talking about exiting a menu option on the handset? in which case hit "Undo")

Also bear in mind that "6" and "9" are the up and down buttons for scrolling menus - whereas the arrow keys are used for moving the scope. :)

Hi there on the hand controller there are no undo or escape buttons. It seems that the system will not let you jump about. That is why I am fiddling about with it but when I hit an issue there are no instructions in the manual to help. The only button is the 'back' button but if you get stuck in the wrong menu there does not seem to be a way out other than switching off. It will all come clear one day.

Hmmm.... looks like the "undo" button has been renamed "back" button. Sometimes this type of problem is caused by inadequate power - is your battery fully charged? Low power also screws up slewing. You shouldn't need to switch off when you get stuck.

Thanks for the link Graham, I have read through and it has a couple of things not mentioned in the manual. Also I have again been "playing" with the HC and when on the Advance VX screen I can access the menu but it takes me round in circles until I finally get to that screen, I think by hitting the 'back' button continuously finally reaches that screen. From the start screen it seems to go straight to the align screen, after asking me to line up the marks both on the RA and DEC it is from here where I want to get onto the Advance VX screen, once on the align screen no matter how many times I hit the back button all it does is scroll through various star names. I'll get there but only with the help of others, thanks.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 15:06, Daz Type-R said:

HI, your best bet is to upload it to Photobucket or some other file sharing software and then post from there, that's what I do and it is a doddle on a smart phone.  User guides are here.......

https://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/forum/3-information-announcements/

I'm off Photobucket. They are restricting space and charging you if you want more.

If you don't like paying, Flickr is better.

I've just been loading stacked lunar images of over 100Mb and Flickr is OK.